Flax seeds commonly known as linseeds — are acute oil seeds that come from the Middle East Region thousands of years ago. Later on, they have acquired presence as a nutritional food because of their high content of heart nurturing quality omega-3 fats, fiber, and other dietary benefits.
Flax seeds also result in many health benefits, such as a proper digestion system, type 2 diabetes, and cancer as well. Flax seeds are usually brown in color. They are mostly roasted or grounded and are usually merged into flaxseed oil. Flax seeds are to be considered as one of the prominent seeds.
Today, we see them in smoothies, oats, and other foods items as well. They can be conveniently processed in your diet grinding them is the best way to get their health benefits. These days even experts are claiming it as a superfood that should be added into our day-to-day diet. Now that most of the generation is becoming health-conscious and are conscious about the food they consume, flax seeds have resulted to be a prominent food ingredient. Talking about health benefits there is no surprise they offer plenty of health benefits. Some of their prominent Health benefits are.
Here are the top 10 benefits of Flax Seeds for Health:
- Flaxseeds help in weight loss: Flaxseeds are very helpful for weight loss adding it is another positive aspect of considering these super seeds as part of your daily diet. They are very smooth for our digestive cycle as they are rich in both soluble and insoluble dietary food. Consider flaxseeds in your daily food consumption pattern as they can result in weight loss.
- Flax Seeds are Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3 can offer many health benefits like supporting heart health by lowering the risk of heart-related disease and lowering cholesterol. Higher consumption of fish and the levels of omega-3 in the body have resulted in lower risks of heart failure, coronary disease. These seeds are rich in alpha-linolenic acid, which is a type of omega-3 fatty acid mainly plant-based. ALA cannot be produced naturally through your body, so you need to consume it from external sources like the food you consume. Consumption of ALA is directly linked to a lower risk of heart attacks as well as stroke. The most common foods high in omega-3s are fatty fish like salmon and mackerel, walnuts, chia seeds, flaxseeds, or flaxseed oil.
- Flax Seeds May Help Lower the Risk of Cancer: Flaxseeds are considered to be rich in lignans, plant compounds that contain both estrogen and antioxidant properties. Both of these are proven to lower the risk of developing different types of cancer and are also extremely useful in improving overall health.
- Flaxseeds are rich in high-quality protein: Flaxseeds contain plenty of plant-based, high-quality proteins which are rich in glutamic acid, aspartic acid, and amino acids. Various studies have shown that protein from flaxseeds can improve and strengthen the immune system, prevent the development of tumors, lower cholesterol levels and also have antifungal properties.
- Flax Seeds Have Plenty of Nutrient Content: Flax plants are one of the oldest cultivated crops and are of two different types – brown and golden. However, both are equally nutritious.Consumption of flaxseeds can result in a lower risk of developing breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, and skin cancers. For the last two, more research is required.
- Flax seeds help to lower blood pressure: Among the many flax seed’s benefits, one is that they can help in lowering blood pressure.A study found that those who ate 30 grams of flaxseeds every day for a period of six months experienced a decrease in their systolic blood pressure by 10 mmHg, while their diastolic blood pressure lowered by 7 mmHg. For subjects who were already on blood pressure medication, the decrease in blood pressure was even lower.
- Improves Blood Sugar Levels: The soluble fiber in flaxseeds improves blood sugar levels by slowing down digestion. Thus, it helps in the management of type 2 diabetes.
- Flaxseeds help to lower cholesterol levels: Flaxseed’s benefits include its ability to improve cholesterol. A study conducted on people with high cholesterol found that those who consumed flaxseed powder every day for a period of three months experienced lower cholesterol levels by as much as 17%, while the “bad” LDL cholesterol was decreased by nearly 20%.
- Immune System Booster: Proteins in flax seeds contain amino acids like Arginine, Aspartic acid, and Glutamic acid. These amino acids were found to protect our body from a variety of fungal Infections, thus improving our overall immunity.
- Reduces Risk of Cardiovascular Heart Diseases:Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA), the Omega-3 fatty acid present in high quantities in flaxseeds, prevents the deposition of cholesterol in the blood vessels of the heart. It is also effective in reducing inflammation in the arteries. Soluble fiber and proteins in Flaxseeds are also responsible for the reduction of high levels in our blood. Flaxseed consumption is also known to reduce blood pressure.
These were the top health benefits of Flaxseeds. Check out Shree Aashirwad Natural Flaxseeds, Flaxseed powder, and flaxseed oil. Pure wood pressed oil and other healthy products for you and your family. Consume more natural oil and foods and feed your body with Shree Aashirwad Pure and natural wood pressed oil, flaxseeds. Shop now and get 10% off on all orders. Apply Coupon “WELCOME10”